So how does our textile work?
There’s a lot going on inside the multi-layered construction of our absorbent and leakproof textile:
- Closest to your skin is a soft, fast-wicking inner warp layer of hypoallergenic fabric, designed to quickly draw moisture away from the body, keeping you dry and hygienic all day long.
- In our Extra Absorbency products, it’s backed up by an innovative second warp layer, to provide ultra-quick absorption for larger leaks.
- At the heart of our revolutionary textile is a moisture-retaining inner layer, which soaks up liquid and holds it tight, even under pressure (for example when you sit down).
- Sealing the deal is our unique breathable leakproof layer. It’s totally waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about unexpected leaks, but at the same time it’s soft and flexible, so you don’t have to worry about scrunching or those giveaway rustling noises. And, unlike most other water-resistant fabrics, we’ve done all this without the use of any PU plastics.
Why is our plastic-free leakproof layer a gamechanger?
The fact that our waterproof textile contains no PU plastics is great news on three fronts:
- It's better for the environment because, when our products eventually do wear out, they will decompose naturally, unlike single use absorbent products and most other washable brands.
- It means that, unlike brands containing a plastic layer that will shrink and distort in the heat, our products can be safely dried in the tumble dryer.
- Because we can safely stitch through this fabric without jeopardising its integrity, we’ve been able to create a unique method of securely sealing it around the edges and seams, often the site of leakage with other brands.
What’s so innovative about our textile?
We are committed to an ongoing international patent programme to protect the unique attributes of our textile technology. Our patents include:
- Our leakproof outer layer, formulated without plastics so we can mould, shape, stitch and seal it at high temperatures, and so you can wash and tumble dry our products without danger of warping, shrinkage and loss of performance.
- Our unique moisture-retaining layer, which absorbs high levels of liquid and holds it, even under body weight pressure.
- Our GravityDri™ pocket, a fully sealed and contained pocket at the base of the pad to eliminate gravitational leakage.
How do we know our products work?
To provide consumers with transparency and guidance in a largely unregulated industry characterised by unsubstantiated absorbency claims, we commissioned leading international standards agency UL Laboratories to subject our new ranges from Confitex for Men and Just’nCase to stringent testing. We're thrilled to say they passed with flying colors, verified across a range of measures including absorbency capacity, absorbency speed, moisture retention under pressure, durability, odour control and breathability. In the interests of transparency, we’ve published the results here.
As well as that, we know they work because we’ve trialled them ourselves! They’ve kept us dry through countless heavy periods and both genuine and simulated incontinence episodes. We’ve co-opted our partners, neighbors, parents and friends-of-friends into endless fittings, then conducted extensive consumer trials and listened to user feedback in refining our designs.
We’re driven by a desire to transform lives and help protect the planet by creating the best looking and best performing reusable absorbent and leakproof consumer products on the market. Thanks for coming on that journey with us.
PS We’re continually looking for ways to get even better, and would love to hear your experiences and suggestions – please drop us a line at email@example.com